Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Samuel Windsor Dress Shoes

samuel windsor dress shoes

They go really well with some flannel and Donegal tweed trousers I wear. Overall I am so happy with the black leather shoes. In the world of budget clothing, it’s difficult to find items that are reasonably well-made and also good-looking.

So I think your comment about avoiding tan, brown or oxblood leather is correct when it comes to SW shoes. Black is excellent, I’m certainly going to get some suedes soon too. However the Oxbloods look like I’m wearing a pair of toy cars on my feet. The left is definitely smaller than the right and I never had this problem with any other company.

Additional site navigation

For what I paid and for the casual wear, not for long walks, they are fine but the price and quality are what you would expect. As I mentioned in another comment, our experience with their customer service department coupled with their price point allows us to stand behind our assessment of the shoes. It is true that there are better shoes on the market for sure, but for a man on a budget, we think that these do the trick, especially in suede. For my personal tastes and high level of shoes currently in the collection, I’d personally avoid their leather offerings.

samuel windsor dress shoes

Given the price point and excellent level of customer service we received, we still feel that there’s value in the brand for a budget shopper. If you Buy It Now, you'll only be purchasing this item. If you'd like to get the additional items you've selected to qualify for this offer, close this window and add these items to your cart. Made using time honoured shoemaking techniques, these handmade five-eyelet Oxford shoes are a gent’s menswear staple. Featuring sleek polished quarters and a definitive cap toe, the Classic Oxford is finished with a Goodyear Welted sole; meaning years of comfort and quality. Buy a pair of Samuel Windsor Oxford shoes.

Mens Casual Shoes Lace up Dress Shoes Business Shoes Formal Oxfords Shoes

Fully bespoke shoes orultra high-end shoes like John Lobbs that cost well over $1000 per pair are handmade. This is precisely how I approached shoes made by Samuel Windsor, a British company that makes a full line of clothing and shoes that’s designed for guys on the tightest of budgets. Given that my son’s day care has essentially increased my rent by 80%, I appreciate a company that keeps a man like that in mind. Qualifying purchases could enjoy No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more.

My Thursday and Allen Edmond stuff gets a nice hug 12.5 U.S. on my feet compared to SW 12 UK, as those feel there is some slippage in the shoes. There’s no way I can wear their shoes, although I’d like to. I’m not surprised you had to send a pair back because of bad leather. I’ve had two pairs of shoes from Samuel Windsor and both have been of excellent quality and build.

Samuel Windsor Mens Suede Brogue Shoes Brown Lace Up UK8

A better option is to buy high quality slightly used shoes from Crockett and Jones, Churches, Peel, etc. on EBay. For the same price or less you get the highest quality top or full grain leather that will stand the test of time. I use an old horse hair brush when I finish off polishing them and now the leather on both black shoes has a very pleasing, worn-in and high quality look. People have asked me if my Brogues were from Loakes etc.

They say if you are a USA size 10 that you should purchase a 9.5. I followed their advice and the shoes are way too big. I saw reviews from others stating that the sizing of their shoes are inconsistent. They wouldn’t accept my return so I guess I have to wear clown shoes or throw the shoes away.

The suede shoes are fine and all the black leather ones look great. But, do not buy any other color than black. Because many of these shoes use corrected or bookbinders leather the brown colors have cracked under the sprayed on top coat and look terrible. They cannot be repaired because the finish is painted on.

Classic Handmade Shoes - Vintage Handmade heavy Black Brogues Black with Commando soles complete with original box, dust bag and shoe horn. Handmade using the finest nappa leathers these slippers are perfect for a day lazing around the house or working from home. The Outdoor mule has a rugged hardwearing man-made sole and leather lining and will provide comfort that your feet will thank you for.

No comments:

Post a Comment